Friday, July 16, 2010

another step

Another step...  Having just finished an online course - query writing with C.J.Redwine - I'm off and running!

This morning I sent out query letters to four 'to die for' Literary Agents. That means, that now, I will be checking my inbox every two or three minutes for the next couple of hours, looking for a reply.  After a while, I'll become resigned to reality, and only check once an hour.

Tomorrow, I'll hold my breath while turning on my computer and going straight to email. When I find no AMAZINGLY FAST REPLY,  I will slap myself upside the head and get on with my life, only stopping to check mail about six times a day.

This is good for a body, right? Yes!  Anticipation is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately it's often folowed by disappointment, but hey, this is real life... so anything is possible.

I'll keep you posted and share any exciting news.

2 comments:

  1. Katt,
    I wish you all the luck in the world on getting the agent of your hearts desire.
    I've started working on my query letter and God willing and the creek don't rise I'll be sending them out within the next few weeks.
    But unlike you I've planned on a more scientific approach. It's called WAG-wild a(&&^ guess that I hit the right agent at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Lindsay, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too.

    ReplyDelete